Janis

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Markie
Flint Blackmon
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:08 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy Mapping

Very unfortunately, there's one other browser that you *can't* have if you
have IE7, and that browser is IE6. IE7 installation overwrites IE6, and the
two cannot coexist on the same machine without some serious and unsupported
registry hacking.

IE7 will break intranet applications that utilize OWC (Microsoft's Office
Web Components), among other things (google "IE7 breaks"), so I can't
install IE7 if I want to continue to support my clients and get paid.  I
personally don't know anyone who currently uses IE7 - way too much trouble.

Looks like I would need a separate computer for a full-up Legacy
installation...what a disappointment...

Margaret

Geoff Rasmussen wrote:
No, you can have any other browser, but one of them needs to be IE7.

Thanks,

Geoff Rasmussen
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]