Using Legacy 6.0.0.117

Something has run amok in my database. I opened it a couple of days ago to print a couple of items and then exited. All was okay. Today my mother is listed as a male. When I go from me to my parents my mother is shown on the right-hand side as wife; however, her gender is now male. When I go from my mother to her parents she is shown in blue (male) on their children listing. Clicking on mother brings her up on the left side of the screen as a male with no spouses and no children. She has two marriages other than my father and this info is still in the database but not visible by clicking in the margin to rotate through marriages. The "last modified" screen shows no changes have been made to my mother's data since 2007! I have a report printed two days ago showing all was fine then.

Ran a check and repair. Results were that my mother's gender is incorrect and I need to fix it. How? The Help files address only swapping husband and wife. I've not been able to access the Legacy Mailing List Archives all afternoon (page cannot be displayed message). How do I change the gender when the choices are grayed out on the individual information screen?

Thanks,
Kay Fordham