Christina,

Legacy still has the potential for being a great product, but you need
to understand that some of us have lost respect for Millenia and do
not put much faith in anything they say these days.  Prior to the
release of version 6, I (among others) asked if there were any plans
to include a witness (participant) feature in Legacy 6.0.  We were
told that this would be included.  When version 6 was released
withhout a witness feature, we were told it turned out to be more
complicated to implement than anticipated.  Following the release of
version 6, Ken McGinnis was asked seveal times about the ability to
include witnesses in Legacy.  Each time we were told that this was a
very important enhancement in the eyes of Millenia and it would
definitely be included at some point.  It never did get included in
version 6 and from the banter regarding the new features in version 7,
it still doesn't sound like the ability to link multiple individuals
(witnesses) has been implemented.

In fact it has become apparent that when users ask about features that
Millenia has no interest in implementing, we get that now famous
mantra "It will require a compete database re-write".  Wholly Genes
(Bob Velke/The Master Genealogist) did a complete database rewrite
when they released version 6.0. TMG is now on version 7.02  Genbox
(Bill Flight) has a complete database re-write when they released the
current version 3.0.  Genbox version 4.0 will be going to the beta
testers in the near future.

Bottom line, yes, I would like to continue using Legacy.  However, I'm
willing to bet that I am not alone when I say I am tired of the Legacy
folks lying to the users and stringing us along.

Ron Bernier

Ron Bernier

--
Regards,