The tree portion on FamilySearch labs is a very distant future version.
Right now LDS members in very selected areas around the world are using the
current version.  It's not ready for world-wide distribution in its current
format.  I'm sure that is also why Legacy is saying the FamilySearch feature
will be a long time in coming.  They just need to plan ahead for it.

Someday you will be able to link your people in Legacy to the people on the
new FamilySearch and sync information between each other.  It will have the
ability to link the records found in Records Search on the FS Labs - all
those images in the Granite Mountain vault.  Very exciting things to come
from FamilySearch and Legacy is preparing to let us access that in the
future.

Renee Zamora
www.harrisena.com