Many times, a research document may show the names of children, but not  give
the birth/death dates. I had 65,000 names when I transferred by database
from FTM to Legacy. Now, on Legacy,I find this wonderful little button that
allows me to show whether the person is living or dead.

I'm finding in my transferred data that "non-dated" children of parents who
m. back in the 1700s, are showing as "living". Several questions: Do I need to
the  future, should I just record "yes" in the death date area if I know the
person  has died, but have no dates? (I could not do this on FTM).

Also, it's interesting to find that there is no software check on a wife
with no dates, who married a man with birth/death dates back in the 1600-1700s.

The husband can show as "not living", but if there's no marriage date, then
the  wife shows as living. Again, I'm correcting all these one-by-one.

One additional small thing I miss in FTM is the ease with which they had an
alert on possible duplicates. I don't find that Legacy catches duplicates very
 easily. Maybe these things will change in the new version.

Carol

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.