  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Heeren
  Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2008 3:40 PM
  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
  Subject: [LegacyUG] Parentage source

  Is there a way to attach a source to the *relationship* between a parent & a
child?  I have been adding the source to the name of the person but that
doesn't really show that I have a proof of parentage.

  For instance, I have a death certificate for my great grandmother, on it is
listed the names of her parents.  How can I add this as another source for the
relationship of daughter to her parents?

  Please, this is just an example, I know that a death certificate isn't
primary evidence of a relationship, working with that piece of paper brought
the question to mind.  I just want to know if there is a way to source the
relationship & not the name so that if I open a file on a family & I have a
child that others don't, I can know why I linked the relationship without going
through all the sources linked to those people.

  Is sourcing a relationship possible?  I don't know that using the notes
utility would be useful and while I don't think making an event like
"relationship" is right, it would keep the information front & center.  Ideas?

  Sally

  You don't get harmony when everyone sings the same note.
  -Doug Floyd

  http://www.eset.com