Thanks to all for your help, it makes sense now and I'll stop searching for
"Of" on the internet.  I have been reading the Archives but have not reached
the thread about "prepositions used in locations." yet, still have a bit of
reading to go.

Steve> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Help with Locations> Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 10:51:15
-0500> > <<......."Of,,Luzerne,PA" >>> > This format gives information that is
very useful. The person being referred > to lived in Luzerne county,
Pennsylvania, USA at some time in his life. His > birthplace was unknown, and
the town in PA was also not known. If you just > leave off the "Of", you are
saying that the event took place there, while > that is really unknown. If you
don't put the county/state, you are leaving > out information that is very
useful - you at least know somewhere that > person lived. The ,, before the
county says it is the city you do not know, > and sorting US locations will be
preserved. I do not know of any other way > to give all this information in a
readable shorthand.> > -- > Carl [EMAIL PROTECTED] > > > > > > Legacy User
Group guidelines: > http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp> Archived
messages: > http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/>
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp> To
Never miss another e-mail with Hotmail on your mobile.
http://www.livelife.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=343869