From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill Bienia
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 4:52 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Estern European characters in name and place fields

Dick,
As I understand it, the underlying database used to develop Legacy doesn't
support Unicode, so some Eastern European characters cannot be accommodated.
(PAF v5 included Unicode support so these characters were not an issue.) To
support Unicode in Legacy, either the underlying database would have to be
updated to support Unicode or another database product that does support
Unicode would have to be used, which would mean starting over almost from
scratch to code a new version of Legacy.

Bill

Bill Bienia, PLCGS
www.CobblestoneLegacies.com

Checked by AVG.