From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Images in rtf reports
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 14:25:34 +1000

I usually create descendant reports etc. as RTF files, then I edit them in
Word and send them to fellow researchers. However, I have discovered that
although I select 'embed the pictures in the file' they do not display on
anyone else's computer. This problem existed in Version 6, and persists in
Version 7. Do others have the same problem? How can I overcome it?

Cheers,
Jan

As I understand it (and I could be wrong) in an rtf, an embedded picture is only a link to the image on your hard drive. (I think OO actually copies an image to the document, which is why Ron's works) Try pasting the image into your rtf document and see if that works. I do not use Word so can not test for you.

--
Gene Y.
n2kvs