Steve wrote
There is one little problem that has me stumped, some time ago someone suggested using the "Events" to record addresses for people and it works beaut except for a current period as in a start date and no end date.

Event (Residence) date is bad
[13 Apr 2007 -]
Event (Residence): This date is not in a format Legacy recognizes. Check the date to make sure it is valid

I have checked all the tabs to see if there is one that would exclude the above but with no success so I just ignore the report for those as it is only a couple of entries.

I wouldn't want my Problems Report to skip "bad dates" because I find I have a terrible tendency to type 19-- when I mean 18--.

The way round your problem, though, is to alter your Sentence structure slightly - maybe you just need to use the Sentence Override for the occasions where the Event is ongoing. Make the sentence read "From [Date] ..." and then enter the date as 13 Apr 2007 without the hyphen.

Well, that's the way I do it!

(You could always add something like "to the present" or "for an unknown period" to the Sentence if you thought it appropriate.)
--
Jenny M Benson