-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cathy
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:00 AM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] charting help

Hi Jim,

Tag the people you want, export them to a new Legacy file and use
that file to make your chart in Legacy Charting.

OR Use the Relationship Calculator between the last descendant and
one of the first ancestor couple and print that relationship chart

OR, if it's either the paternal or maternal line you are following -
use the Ancestor charts - Father's chart and Mother's chart in Legacy
Charting - yes I do mean Ancestor Chart not Descendant Chart because
you are only wanting one line rather than all the descendants.

Cathy

At 08:23 AM 9/06/2008, you wrote:
>Try this puzzler:
>
>I know how you all love to solve these conundrums.
>
>I want to create a descendant chart with only the direct line
>individuals. That is Mother and Father and direct line child; and
>then that child as Mother and Father, and so on. I would like to
>include just birth and death date for each individual.
>
>I am thinking I need to separate the desired individuals out first
>within Legacy, maybe by tagging, and then produce the chart. I do
>not think there is a way to do what I want within the Charting tool.
>I am using version 7 for both.
>
>Any ideas? I have been working on this for some time without success.
>Jim
>

>Legacy User Group guidelines:
>
><http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp>http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.
com/Etiquette.asp