Christine,

Until there is a template dealing with this example, I would use the "Add a
Generic Source" and then the "Website" model. Since this is a transcript on
the website and not the actual book, I would enter the information for the
website and deal with the name of the book in the detail page and the
information for the book under comments. In the item of interest I would
mention the name of the book, transcribed by whoever entered the
transcription (if different from the website author). The problem with all
of this is that websites change... I can't tell you how many times that I
have used a website, returning to it weeks or months later, to find that the
item was removed from the website.

I would probably add a "to do" in my research to find the actual book and
make appropriate changes to the source, using the authored book template.
(Or if it is not possible to find the actual book, you might ask for someone
to look it up for you to supply the page number etc, listing in your source
that it is not verified)

I am having another problem trying to figure out what I would call the
Master Source, for my own use. I guess I might call it KS name of county,
website or something like that.

Your query shows how difficult it is to have a Source Conversion Tool.  I
can't imagine how many different ways people would have used their Master
Source to enter just this type of source.  I have looked through Evidence
Explained trying to find an exact example for this particular problem, but
have not been able to find it.  There is example of when a page was scanned
and copied to a website, or when a record (such as a death certificate) was
transcribed, but there is no mention that I have found, of how to deal with
the transcription of an authored book.

Linda