Ok, I guess I don't get this. My mother was cremated, then we buried her ashes in the grave with my father. Why would I differentiate between buried and cremated? It seems to me that, unless you've got the ashes sitting on your bookshelf, they're going to be buried. Why is this a different event?

Elizabeth
researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jenny M Benson"

John Gregson wrote
Using the "Customize Family View" screen, I would like to change
BURIED to CREMATED

I can not change this field; grayed out.

That's because you don't need to change it yourself. On the Individual's Information screen click the plus sign next to the Burial Place field and select "Cremated." The label displayed with automatically change from "Buried" to "Cremated."