Thanks for Replying Ron, I'll try to express my question more clearly.
First, I don't beleave that that there is a way to change the default that
I'm inquiring about, nevertheless, I'm just making sure in-case I'm missing
something.

What I'm saying is that, when in the research guidance Center using the,-for
example, (suggested sources) there is a tab that you can click for each
suggested item that says (plan to search.)  If you click on plan to search
it automatically puts the item in the to do list for you.  The most
efficient way to use this is to continue on looking for items that you plan
to search and have input in the to do list so that you can keep track of
what you have done and what needs to be done.  When you click on plan to
search and it puts the item in the to do list it always sits the priority as
high.  I would like to be able to click on the (plan to search) and continue
to use it without on to the to do list until I had finished entering all of
my planned to do searches.  As you can imagine, I am left with a very large
to-do list, unfortunately all of these items are set to a high priority
unless I go to each to-do item and change it to medium.  In other words, I
have to go to every to-do item and change the priority to medium and leave
the ones on the high that consider a high priority. Of course, yet each time
I click on the plan to search, I immediately go to the to do list and change
the priority,- that would work too, but it would involve extra steps I would
like to avoid if I could because the list will be quite large.

I hope that cleared up what I'm trying to say.  If I still said it in a
rather confusing manner, then please let me know, and I'll try again.

Thanks
John