Pat,
I too am new to Legacy and I believe that you will not be disappointed in the
quality of the product.  With that said, I have been researching my family
since 2001- I have my computer set up the following way.
My Documents
   Genealogy
     Each family has their own folder
     in each folder, I have place all
     the scanned or captured documents
       ie.  Crosby - all scanned obits, BMD, Census,
My Pictures
   Crosby/Erickson Genealogy
     all pictures relating to my research ( I may change this and sort per
     family) I am getting photos from other family members so I now have over
800 photos relating to
    my research.

I also use Clooz to record what documents I have so I can fill in the gaps.
There is another product I use from Microsoft called One Note.  One Note is a
virtual file- I have a file named Genealogy with sep. folders for each family,
thoughts, to do notes, e-mail etc.

I like the MRIN filing system and I am thinking about doing that for all of my
files in the computer-
ie.  MRIN1-Richard/Barbara Crosby- putting all photos, documents relating to
this marriage/family.

In the past I made up a 3 ring binder for each family and organized based on
dates- for that family name- as you may
note that would produce duplicates- ie Richard would have all of the documents
relating to that family as well as in
the Erickson book for his wife.  I had four binders for each line of my
Grandparents- the only positive side to this
method was that if a Crosby ancestor was over to my house I would only show
them that book- same for each of the
other binders.

I look forward to hearing how others do this and how they share the info with
interested family members.

Shelly