That's unfortunate. Even though Legacy is based on MS Access, it should still be possible for the designers to allow it to use the system default browser - which in my and many systems is Firefox.

Jeff Malka
   "Sephardic Genealogy: Discovering your Sephardic Ancestors and their
World", Avotaynu, 2002
   "SephardicGen Resources" website:  http://www.sephardicgen.com/
   "SefardSIG: Sephardic Genealogy at JewishGen" website:
http://www.jewishgen.org/sefardsig/

JLB wrote:
Legacy is pretty well built around IE, which means it's used for the
Home tab, Research Guidance, and the IGI possibly although that's not
visible.  And now the maps.  No choice unfortunately.  Search the
Internet seems to work with the chosen browser.
JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Using Legacy Deluxe 7 in Windows XP.

I really hate to use Internet Explorer for anything other than
Windows updates because of the security risks involved.  So, in the
Options/Launch screen I entered the path for Firefox (which is anyway
my default browser).

Yet, when I click on a Legacy News item in the Legacy Home tab, it
still opens the item in IE instead of Firefox.  Is there anyway to
change this default behavior so that Legacy will use Firefox instead
of Internet Explorer?

Jeff