I have v7 Deluxe.  I really like the mapping feature.  My question is:
 With this feature, what is the value/benefit of installing the
geo-coding database?

In the Master Location List, Legacy submits the place name to Virtual
Earth where it is matched with a location in its worldwide database
whenever a location is highlighted.  The resulting coordinates are
then recorded in Legacy in the appropriate place.

Geo-coding is a process that does the same thing with the same
database.  The only difference that I see is that with the latter, you
can have Legacy do this automatically with all locations in the Master
Location List and be done with it.  Is my understanding correct?  Or
are there additional benefits to installing the geo-code database?

Glenn Woodman
Vancouver, Washington