From: ronald ferguson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 3:51:03 PM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Very Basic Questions

Elizabeth,

That is exactly how I do it, and have been for years, without any problems or
regrets. I have no intention of changing, and I would suggest that if you are
happy with the way it works for you, and the outputs you get in your reports
etc. then carry on as you are.

At the end of the day there is no right nor wrong way there are ways that suit
some and ways that suit others but it is *always your decision*.

New Blog: Free Contacts Database for use with Open Office
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:

> Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 17:21:03 -0500
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Very Basic Questions
> To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
>
> But when I enter "residence" as an event, the place shows up in the
> Location list. How else can I show a grandfather who moved every year
> and had his first 4 children in 4 different towns if I don't use
> "residence" as an event?
>
> Elizabeth C
>
> JLB wrote:
>> There are 3 different Master Address lists. Mailing, Event and
>> Repository.
>> JL
>> JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
>> http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html
>>
>> Elizabeth Cunningham wrote:
>>> I have never gotten straight what the address fields were for. I had
>>> understood they were for keeping track of members who are alive and
>>> to be mailed to. What is the difference between location and address?

Great deals on almost anything at eBay.co.uk. Search, bid, find and win on eBay
today!
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/msnnkmgl0010000004ukm/direct/01/