John,

I think I realized that I probably could make other things work, but I also figured that if there was a template specifically designed for the particular information and format, I'd rather use that. Also, it usually helps to understand the thinking behind how certain options are chosen. (for example, it was helpful for me to understand that "state land" probably just meant the GLO office located in a particular state rather than a state government land office) So then rather than floundering around tweaking things and maybe using different options each time, I'd rather understand the logic behind the options available so that I can make the best use of the design of the SourceWriter. I do have Evidence Explained and that helps immensely as to seeing the general categories and understanding the logic behind those categories. Just as someone tried to enter an unidentified and undated newspaper into the newspaper selection rather than in to artifacts as EE shows. You're presented with options you don't know what to do with if you've not chosen the option that most closely aligns with EE and by extension Legacy SourceWriter. It's much easier in the long run to understand and then choose the option designed for the specific purpose.

Patti