Art,

You do not say what you were merging, and how. For once I believe that there is 
a golden rule - one should import a Gedcom (if it was a Gedcom) into a new .fdb 
file before trying to merge and clean the new file up first. You may not be 
aware that you can also read a Gedcom in Notepad or similar before doing 
anything with it. I have never known Legacy mis-link indivuals as you suggest.

If you still have a back from premerge (Goodness Me a second golden rule in one 
post) and one is always advised to retain one, then I suggest you Restore that 
and start from scratch


Ron Ferguson

_____________________________________________________________________

Update your British Prime Ministers Timeline - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/fergys/
_____________________________________________________________________




> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [LegacyUG] Merge - V7.0.0.53
> Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:02:07 -0700
>
> I have recently merged a couple of files into my main family dbf file and
> both times, after running File Maintenance Check/Repair I get a great long
> error log with many of the following errors
>
> See MRIN 18604, RIN 89. Verify/correct the Gender of the Husband.
> RIN 89 is also linked as a wife, see MRIN 46
> RIN 89 is also linked as a wife, see MRIN 17932
>
> Among those weirdly linked is my wife, to someone who lived centuries ago.
>
> These are all newly created MRIN's from MRIN 18588 thru MRIN 18652. The
> 'also linked' are legit.
>
> Taking a long time to clean up, and as I say the problem did repeat.
>
> Any help would be appreciated, but I believe it is a bug. V7.0.0.53
>
> Art Seddon
>
>
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
> Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.5/1536 - Release Date: 7/5/2008 
> 10:15 AM
>
>

_________________________________________________________________
Find the best and worst places on the planet
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/101719807/direct/01/


Legacy User Group guidelines:
   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages:
   http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp



Reply via email to