I don't know if this is any help but since Legacy 6 I have always let
it install in the default location. My Legacy Charting is installed in
C:\Legacy\Legacychart7 and the update went fine for me and seems to be
working well. Not sure why yours is different. I'm using XP.

Hope you get it solved soon.
--
Al Mallory
Whitby, Ontario