Hi Melody - I also do my sourcing "very similar" to the way you do your
sourcing.     You are not alone!
Laurel
________________________________
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 07:46:44 -0400
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] My sourcing - Split vs. Not

I started a separate thread because my post is a tangent to others.

I've never seen my type of sourcing re split vs not mentioned.  To date, I've
only done online research.  I can save individual census page images.  I prefer
to have one master source for each digital document (census page image, bible
page image, digital version of a book).

Specifically wrt the census page images, I set one master source referencing
the census page image I have.  I then reference the line number the person of
interest appears on and list in "Actual Text" his particulars from the census
page.  I don't reference any other person in those details.  Any person that is
listed individually on his own line gets his own detail sourcing.

I do things this way since I'm able to tie the actual image file to a
particular master source.  I won't have to instead go to a directory of a bunch
of image files and hunt for the particular page I'm interested in (even if I
name the files according to their page numbers, it can still be a hunt when
there are many such files).

I'm hoping that this will help me drill down quickly to actual images,
especially since Legacy helps me keep track of Master Source numbers and lets
me set links in the master and detail sourcing to the actual images.

Any comments folks have I'd love to hear.  I've not done genealogy stuff long
so there may be cons to this approach I haven't thought of.

--
Take care,
Melody

Try Chicktionary, a game that tests how many words you can form from the
letters given. Find this and more puzzles at Live Search Games!
http://g.msn.ca/ca55/207