Carol Costa wrote
I do not understand how to edit the event definition sentences.  Each time I try to do this, my event notes disappear and I only get my edited sentence showing.  I type my notes in. Go to sentence override tab, click edit sentence definition,

and then type from the fourth option down (if only date and place filled) He was buried at blah blah cemetery on blah blah date.  I notice at the bottom it says replaceable fields you can use within the sentence.  I don?t ?get? how this is supposed to work.  Thanks for any help.

I'm not quite sure if you are editing the Sentence Defnition for a specific Event for one Individual or if you are editing the Sentence for everyone from the Mast Event Definition list. Assuming it is the former, Notes "disappear" because they are on the Notes tab and you have just opened the Sentence Override tab which was behind Notes and is now in front of it. When you click on the Notes tab again, the Override tab will go behind again.

If you editing Sentences in the Master List you are probably forgetting to add [Notes] to your re-defined Sentence and that is why they are not appearing.

If you look at the original Sentence Definitions (Edit Sentence Definition) you will see that they comprise ordinary text which does not change (eg "... was enumerated in the") and the fields in which data changes for each record (eg [Date] or [Desc].)

Supposing the original Sentence began "[HeShe] ..." and you wanted it to being with the person's first name instead, you would delete [HeShe], select [FirstName] from the list below and click on Insert. There are lots of options to choose from for fields to include in your Sentence.

--
Jenny M Benson