I have a situation where an ancestor married a third wife. He was not with her 5 years after their marriage, but with his first wife. The third wife, in the meantime, has a one year old child 5 years after their marriage. The child may be his, or it may not. It may be illegitmate.

How on earth do I input the child? When I try it gives me the names of the ancestor as well as his third wife. I tried the "child-parent relationship" screen, and added a category called "uncertain", but the "select" is greyed out. What to do?

Jane Sarles