I have a couple who got married twice in the space of 6 weeks and wondered
what the best way was to record this in Legacy.

I found two possible marriage entries for the couple in Kent, England in
1868
Sep 1868 Medway   2a  619 and Sep 1868 Medway   2a  645

I've just bought both certificates and found that they are definitely the
same couple. One marriage was on July 2nd and the other on August 22nd at a
different church. Both marriages were by Banns and both described as
bachelor/spinster. There's nothing on the certificates to say one was null
and void.
Never seen anything like this before and so I'm totally confused!!

Also, does anybody know why (or how) a couple would get married twice in the
space of 6 weeks?

Jack