Resending this - I don't see it in the archives, and don't recall seeing any responses. If I overlooked responses, I apologize.

The recent discussion about ALT MARRIAGE event (which needs to be created) brought this to mind:

When adding a new event, one thing I've just begun to try (in otherwords, I have not generated any reports so not sure of the impact): I start the event name with a period. That way I can see if this is a "precanned" event that came with Legacy, or an event that I added (and thus that might need to be revisited and tweaked).

I would think it might be wise to do this with a "modified Legacy event" also? Make a new one instead of modifying an existing one, the new one with an altered name and leave the "precanned" on in place?

Actually, as I think about it, it might be easier the other way around. Modify all the Legacy pre-canned ones to start with some character. That way those "surely this is set up right" events would be easy to spot. Thus whenever I do a GEDCOM import it would be obvious which ones came in via the import and thus might need visiting/tweaking. (With my current method of adding a "." to MY events and leaving Legacy as is, the newly imported events would become intermixed with Legacy's pre-canned ones 'cause neither would have that leading special character. So it would not be obvious which ones might need closer inspection.)

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I wish Legacy had a COPY EVENT, but I'm not seeing that as an option. I only see ADD, DELETE, MERGE.

Bob



Legacy User Group guidelines: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp Archived messages: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp



Reply via email to