Richard:

I use MS Office 2003, however have very little experience using Access.

 Regards, thanks,
Fred Prong, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada
http://www.geocities.com/cfprong/



----- Original Message ----
From: Richard Van Wasshnova <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [email protected]
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 2:31:05 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Event Records Doubled


Hi Fred,
 
Do you have MS Access? or the free Open Office database program?
I had the same problem and successfully removed duplicate sources using Access 
over a year ago in Legacy V6. I used a query written by Dennis K who is no 
longer on this list. If you want to try it I'll look it up. 
Actually I think I had 2 identical sources attached to one event whereas you 
have 2 identical events so it would require a different query but should be 
do-able.
 
--
Richard Van Wasshnova
Seal Beach


On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 7:57 AM, Fred Prong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

List Members:

Having created a new db using the "import GEDCOM"
routine, the resulting new family file has many Census events recorded
in duplicate.

Is there a way to eliminate the duplicate event record?

Am able to tag the individuals with the duplicate records, but cannot find
a way to remove the extra record, other than a manual delete for each
one.

Am using the latest build LFT v.7, on Windows XP.

 Regards,
Fred Prong, St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada
http://www.geocities.com/cfprong/



Legacy User Group guidelines: 
   http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
Archived messages: 
   http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
Online technical support: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
To unsubscribe: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

Reply via email to