When I import the gedcom of the tree I have at Ancestry.Com, the import
process tells me that there is an unidentified tag "UID".  I do Not want to
import this.

I go to the Customize screen.  "UID" is listed under "Unrecognized items".
I click "Create an event for this tag", entering"Ancestry UID" as the "Event
Name".  I click on "[UID]=EVEN Ancestry UID" in the "Import these items"
box.  I then click the "< Remove" button which places it in the "Items not
to be imported" list.

Except that UID gets imported anyway.

Any idea what I need to do to get rid of this tag?  I know that I will still
have an Event in my Event definitions list.  That's trivial to get rid of.
But clicking on every single record in the family file to get rid of the UID
event for each person is hugely annoying and time wasting.

Other bugaboos...
On the Customize screen, I enter "BUGFIX" for "Optional text to precede
unrecognized items".  I close the screen and then open the screen again.
"BUGFIX" is gone.  That doesn't seem quite reasonable to me.

Annoying thing about Ancestry.Com - I am the "home person" in my tree.  On
export, Ancestry.Com so very nicely puts "Y" in my name suffix.  Do what?
So every time I download my tree from Ancestry to merge in new data, there I
am as "Melody Songofruth, Y".  Sheesh!  I figure they are doing it to
indicate the person who is the "home person".  But it's still annoying.
Just mentioning it because it took me a while to figure out what was
responsible for it.

--
Take care,
Melody