-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jenny M
Benson
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 12:11 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] source attaching to numerous events

Janis Gilmore wrote
>I have a source which has attached itself to every event for a
>particular individual. Clearly, I did not manually attach this source
>to each of about 15 events. I am manually removing it from each event
>(except the 1900 census event to which it belongs).
>

>I have seen this happen a time or two before, in previous versions of
>Legacy. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it possible that I have
>inadvertently caused this to happen by doing something of which I am
>not aware?

You probably accidentally clicked on the "three bars" icon when pasting
a Source from the clipboard.  This pastes the Source for all used
fields, not just the one where the cursor is.

I've done it myself a few times, particularly when I have forgotten that
as well as Sourcing the fields at the top of the screen (which I wanted
to Source) it will also Source the Events at the bottom (which I didn't
want.)
--
Jenny M Benson