I use a U.S. Slave Schedule event to document my belief that an ancestor is represented on a slave schedule. I also have one case were a likely ancestor is indeed the slaveholder. In that case, for my records, I included the word, "slaveholder" in the title suffix field to distinguish the name if it hits a query or report.

What does your "slave owner" event mean?

Richard
Melody B wrote:
In the beginning I was a rube and didn't do my sources very well. This became quite evident when I had to clear out hundreds of duplicate entries (which nicely reduced my family file by half a meg). I have create a "Slave Owner" event. Does anyone have anything similar? Would you be willing to share the sentence structures you came up with for it? Or perhaps a different way you record such things?

--
Take care,
Melody