That's a good idea - I hadn't thought of that. I haven't used the To
Do list much at this point (can we say "newbie" even after one year?)
I think I might combine this with Connie's suggestion about making a
"NOT in census" event.

Thanks muchly,
Melody

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Elizabeth Richardson
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Melody, I don't think I'd make the negative event. Instead, it might be
> better to make a To Do list to find where she was. Was she married? Did she
> die young? Was she in another's household? But you might also make an entry
> in the research notes that she is not found in her father's household in
> that census year.
>
> Jenny, the US pre-1850 census records list only head of  household, then
> there is a number in a column, by (usually) 5-year age group, for the others
> in the household. It is, therefore, possible to know if a 23 year old
> daughter (or son) was not included in the household.
>
> Elizabeth
> researching the descendants of William and Sarah (Patterson) Thompson
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: Melody B

Take care,
Melody
If not now, when?