Thank you for comments
Cheers
Sheelagh
----- Original Message ----- From: "JLB" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Legacy 7 - Split up to different family groups and Save

Even those of us with thousands of people in our databases still only work on 'a small portion at a time.' 'At a time' being this minute or that. Nice to think it's possible to be so organized but research tends to go off in all directions. Just today I was ....

If you REALLY want to split your database (and it's not generally recommended) and you probably don't really want to, some-one will be along in a minute to tell you how. It presently escapes my mind. But anyway, you'd create separately named family files as you said.

JL
JLog - simple computer technology for genealogists
http://www3.telus.net/Jgen/jlog.html

Sheelagh Wiles wrote:
Hi Listers
I hope all of you don't think I am to dense. I have just gone ahead and put my people on to Legacy now I would like to split my people up to Maternal and Paternal on my side and the same on my husband's side. Work who the oldest person is and name each section i.e. something like BryanMaternal
and BryanPaternal or similar. Any suggestions?
That way I can work on a small portion at a time.
 With Thanks
Sheelagh WILES
http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes/hunter2000