Jennifer:

    I wrote directly to Sally and maybe I should not  have.  Here is what I
said:
Actually from 1841 until 1867, what is now Ontario was called Canada West
(and Quebec was Canada East).  Prior to 1841, they were Upper Canada and  Lower
Canada.  So you have something from Reach Township, Ontario  County, Canada
West (now Ontario).  For your information, you might want to  keep this as a
favorite: _http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/index.html_
(http://atlas.nrcan.gc.ca/site/english/index.html)    It is an atlas for all of
Canada.  Very
helpful at finding places.  If  it says that it cannot find something, go to a
partial spelling, of any  sort, to see what pops up.

Howland Davis

deal here.