Rich,
Thanks for responding! I hope to try it this weekend!
Doris

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of RICHARD
SCHULTHIES
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 3:41 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] creating custom reports

Doris, I have not seen an answer to you, so here goes. Click on the icon
Name List, click Print.
Note that the Options and up to three 'rows' of column heads are available
for a spreadsheet type report. Using the Search tool will create a subset of
this same grouping. The Search -tool gives you the choice to make Boolean
style searches on whichever group you want. Use Detail Search.
Example: Look for whom? = Marriage
Where to Look? = Marrige Place
How to Look? = contains
What to look for? = Illinois (using a 'big' place like Illinois will catch
all from there.
Next: for the second part of the question
Use the 2nd condition to Look for whom? = Marriage
Where to Look? = Marrige Date
How to Look? = Before
What to look for? = put the before date 1/1/1800
Finally
Use the 3rd condition to Look for whom? = Marriage
Where to Look? = Marrige Date
How to Look? = After
What to look for? = put the after date 1/1/1700.
Now, you should have all the people in your DB married  from 1700-1800 in
your place.
Have fun, note the bottom of the screen, the choices to trim the current
group into a second search.
Rich in LA CA