Has anyone done a backup of a Pictures folder with sub-folders in it? I tried using the Legacy zip backup and only got a few sub folders.

I did a regular Vista zip of the entire Pictures folder that worked fine.

Jeff

----- Original Message ----- From: "jpadell Comcast" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:14 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Multimedia backups

I have been using Legacy for a few months now and was doing backups. I read that I should try a restore, the data file worked fine.

I went to try the multimedia file. I clicked on the zip file to check it out, the picture folder was there but there were only a couple of the files from the folder in it.

I had set up the Pictures folder the way I did when using Family Tree Maker V16, a folder for each family group of pictures in the Picture folder. I have about 25 folders in the picture folder, about 4 gigbytes. I am using Vista so I manually zipped up the pictures folder and then clicked on it and all the 25 subfolders were there.

Is there a problem with Legacy zipping up the Pictures folder if there are sub-folders in it? The sub folders it backed up were random, not the first 3 or last three.

Jeff