I searched the archives and didn't find quite what I'm looking for. If
this has previously been discussed, forgive me. (I've been on the LUG
for two or three years and don't recall it, but that doesn't mean
much.)

I've been working the last year or two on maternal family, from
previously published books, and have utilized the notes section quite
heavily. I started using notes when I began using Legacy, and have
just continued to do so for no real reason other than habit. Now I've
obtained a volume on my paternal family, and while working with it the
last few days, I've wondered about the use of events instead of notes.

My goal is to publish updates to these books, at some point,
hopefully. But for now all I want is to be able to maximize reporting
types, esthetics of data, and minimize editing needed when I get to
that point. (And no, I won't be aiming for that perfectly written and
sourced volume for archival/family history group quality.)

Back to my original question and delima.... Notes vs. Events......can
we please politely discuss the pros and cons of each? Or, are there
any of you out there that utilize both, for varying reasons, and can
you please elaborate as to your method and reasoning?

And as an extra, I've suggested to Legacy via the suggestions link on
the home page, two additional notes tabs, one for education, and one
for military service.

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1 on a Dell Inspiron
1525 Laptop, Legacy V 7.0.0.55.

Thanks,
Jessica Morgan

Researching families of Morgan, Basinger, Allen, Teague, Lockey,
Ratcliff, Ratcliffe, Kaylor