From: M. Brenzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2008 7:27:58 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] TIF images attached to sources

I have TIF images of newspaper articles attached to events.  They have been
acquired from the microfilms of newspapers by using the reader attached to a
computer for scanning right to the computer.  I then save the image to my
flash drive to bring home.

Many of these articles are captured on a full page of the newspaper.  Using
Microsoft Office Picture Manager, I am able to crop the section of the page
that I really need.  If I attach the original image to the event detail,
everything's ok but if I attach the cropped version (also saved as a TIF),
it doesn’t appear.

Does anyone know of any quirky file behavior resulting from using this
software to crop the image?

Mary

** $10 OFF when you spend $50 or more in our store.
  Use coupon code: ‘Legacy2008’ at checkout. Offer expires 10/31/08 **

http://mail.yahoo.com