Syble,

It's surprising what a good night's sleep can do for a PC!

More worrying, though, is the erratic behaviour you are seeing with it shutting
down, and the problems you had with the merge. Things like this can have many
causes, other than human error, which can include problems with your PC. In
particular, I am left wondering if your RAM is on the blink - how old is it?

Provided that V6 is installed in a different directory to V7 and all associated
files for each are similarly kept apart then they should not interfer with each
other - eg I have one version on Drive C and another on Drive E which run
without problems.

At this stage nobody knows when the next update will be available.

*New* Insert Pictures Into your Web Pages - Blogs
http://www.fergys.co.uk
View the Grimshaw Family Tree at:
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England See: