JLB wrote
You don't need to put the person's name into the Source Detail field. The source is already attached to each relevant person.

I would take issue with that!

Quite apart from any other reason, it makes for consistency with other Sources where you do need to quote the relevant name. For example, you might use a Christening Record as a Source for a parent's name, so the Citation would include the name of the person being Christened.

Also, you should cite the record exactly as it is, which may include variations of spelling or a transcription error or other mistake. For example, my tree includes individuals with the middle name Merrison, but many of the BMD Indexes record this name as Morrison, so I cite either Merrison or Morrison, whichever is written there. (I *think* e is correct and o incorrect, but not sure.)

If you are following the dictates of Elizabeth Shown Mills (not saying you necessarily *should*!) you will include the individual's name in the citation, at least in BMDs.
--
Jenny M Benson

** $10 OFF when you spend $50 or more in our store.
  Use coupon code: ‘Legacy2008’ at checkout. Offer expires 10/31/08 **