From: "Sherry/Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 11, 2008 6:10 AM
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Legacy Version 6

It's not quite as simple as just reinstalling v6.

The first thing you need to do is create a gedcom of your Family File in
Legacy v7 (File > Export to... Gedcom file), unless you created a backup
before installing Legacy v7.

Then with the Family File open, go to File > Delete Family File to delete
that file.  Legacy v6 will not open the Family File once it's been opened in
Legacy v7 so we need to get rid of that file and have the gedcom or backup
available to create a new file for v6.

Uninstall Legacy 7.0.   This will not delete any of your family files,
pictures or other data.  It will only remove Legacy 7.0.

After you uninstall Legacy, with Windows Explorer look in the C:\Legacy
folder or whichever folder you had Legacy installed in.   Within this folder
you will find several files remaining that you will need to delete.
Carefully delete the following files with the file extension of:

.usr   (defined as "USR File")
.exe  (defined as "Application")
.ocx  (defined as "ActiveX Control")
Legacy.exe.local (defined as "LOCAL file")

DO NOT delete any of the folders like the Data folder, Picture Folder or Web
Folder as these folders hold your data and you don't want to accidentally
delete your family file or pictures.   Don't delete any reports you may have
saved to the main Legacy folder,.  All the other files should be deleted.
You'll need to reset your preferences after you reinstall.

Use this link and download and install the most recent build of Legacy 6.0.
http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/helpDownloadVersion6.asp

The password required to install is on the website with the download
information.

Either import the gedcom file into Legacy v6 or restore the backup.

Thanks for using Legacy.

Sherry
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.