-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kirsten
Bowman
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2008 6:25 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] splitting up a family tree

Robin:

It *doesn't* make sense, only because it's generally recommended that you
maintain just one family file.  Separating the lines means that you have two
databases to maintain and back up, separate location lists, separate
settings, separate master source lists, two gedcoms if you should ever want
to post online, and heaven help you when you eventually find that you and
your husband share a common ancestor (which is not terribly unusual).  There
are many posts on this subject in the archives and I believe the concensus
is strongly in favor of keeping one database instead of separating them.

Kirsten