One additional thought on that, Gary, if you are using Outlook Express, when
you empty the Deleted Item folder it DOES NOT empty. It just hides it.

Every couple of days I delete "Deleted Items.dbx"
which is located at
C:\Documents and Settings\Arthur\Local Settings\Application
Data\Identities\{F493B78F-0182-467D-9C9D-975D0C9B5E27}\Microsoft\Outlook\Deleted

Items.dbx

I deleted it last night and when I look at it now it has everything that I
deleted all day, and is a 1.25 meg file although, since I make a practice of
emptying it and it now shows only one 15K file.

It is a hidden file in a hidden folder, so you need to know how to access
it. I use a special program called Z-Tree - never used the windows file
manager.

I just closed OE, deleted the file, which can only be done when OE is
closed, restarted OE and it created a new file, now 76.5K.

Anybody that has never deleted it will probably find it is huge.

Art Seddon