Yes, Barbara, it is a bit outrageous but until other users put in a request for
better media handling, it will probably remain low on the priority list.

I create my own events so I can control how they are presented in my reports so
attaching photos to events works OK for me. I don't use any of the hard coded
fields except for the basic vitals entries.

And my one personal desire for Legacy is that we have control over the size of
the photos printed in Legacy. For the most part, they are simply too tiny to
see, except for a head and shoulders crop of a person. I'd like the OPTION of
choosing to print selected photo in reports at their native size; to set the
print size of each photo when attached to an event. I have sent in my request
for this option for several years but so far, no luck.

I would think, with everyone using digital cameras, that the photo insertion
capabilities would carry more importance. The inserted photos make for a much
more interesting report and to be truthful, it was the main reason I moved to
Legacy from another genealogy software program some years back.

Please send in your request for better media handling capabilities via the
"Legacy Home" tab, 'suggest a new feature' under Support on the left. Maybe if
enough people let the authors know it is important to them, it will be moved up
on the priorities list.

Mary

  From: Barbara Ford

  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Pictures in Reports

  Ouch. So, is this correct in V 6:
  I can attach photos to individuals and to events that I create (or
  only some events?--for example, can I attach a wedding photo to a
  Marriage?).
  The only way I can attach PDF documents is to attach them somehow as a
  sound or video file?
  Does this not seem outrageous to anyone else? I guess I just don't get it.
  Sorry,
  Barbara