Using 7.0.0.76

When selecting a source template that I haven't previously used, I can't see what is included in the detail screen until I fill out and save the master source. I've wasted time completing the master source only to find that the detail screen won't work for the purpose. I've taken to simply entering an "x" in the master source and saving to view the detail. Still have to delete the source if I choose not to use it. Is there any way to view the attendant detail screen prior to filling out and saving the master source?

Another Elizabeth Shown Mills quote:  "The devil is in the detail."

Thanks,
Kay