Jenny

I should have put the issue aside when tired and frustrated. I had problems with the overrides one time and not the next, and was not able to efficiently analyze what was going wrong. Will have a go at it today with a clear mind. Thanks for your helpful feedback and hope you feel better soon.

Kay

Jenny Wrote:

My brain's a bit fuzzy at the moment (combination of heavy cold and cold cures!) but I think I have worked through this correctly: Working in the Source Detail screen, if you enter the Details on the first tab, then click the Override tab there will be nothing entered in the boxes, but if you click on "click here to go to the overrides tab" the boxes will have the citations entered ready for you to edit. If you copy a Source which has overrides to the Source Clipboard, then paste it, it will paste with the overrides included and the checkbox ticked for using that override. If you make changes to the Source Detail and then want to incorporate these into an Override, you need to make your Detail changes, then click "the output has been overridden by the user. Click here ..." and then re-write your override sentence, not just change the bits you have changed on the details screen.
I hope that makes sense!
--
Jenny M Benson

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***