Roy, similar situation has occurred with me and I corrected the problem with
some data base maintenance.

File -> File Maintenance -> Check / Repair

and then again with -> compact family file.

You might have to run the check / repair more than once.if there were any
errors and fixes.

Hope this helps ...

Paul