Ron F. wrote:
> .... one of the considerations which I made when deciding how to deal with
census. What is the source for a census? In Britain, The government? It
wasn't their information, they only collected it. without going through all
the administrative layers we end up with the householder who gave the
information to the enumerator who may or may not have entered correctly. I
know my source - the census!! (with all its faults)

Elizabeth R. wrote:
>While I record this as an event, the census is also my source for the
event.  I can see your point that the facts contained in the census might be
recorded independently and that the census is your source for these facts. I
have recorded the census as an event and included in the event note the
facts contained therein, though not the duplication of information such as
name and age. Because this seemed to be the common way to do things here in
the US, I did not question it, and it seems to work. I do not transcribe the
census into any detail text because the information is synthesized in the
event notes.

Totally in agreement again :).

Good night, all.

Elizabeth

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***