Phil,

I concur with Kirsten.  I have several different newspapers as
sources.  In my Master List they are named "Newspaper:Jackson Daily
News," etc.  This does indeed help you to quickly see if you already
have a newspaper listed as a Master Source.  I do the same thing with
Books, Letters, Military Records, among others.  I am sure I don't
have as many sources as some on this list, but right now, this system
is working for me.  (By the way, I consider myself to be a "splumper,"
splitting some sources and lumping others.)

I'd like to hear if someone has a different view and why, especially
if they have a large number of sources.

Dede Holden

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 3:42 PM, Kirsten Bowman <vik...@rvi.net> wrote:

> Phil:
>
> The benefit to having a Master Source is to avoid repetitious typing by
> grouping together several source items that share common information.  You
> could put all of your articles together under one Master Source called
> "Newspapers" or even use the artifacts or basic source template, but there
> would be very little common information to enter at the Master Source level.
> More typically, each newspaper would be a separate Master Source.  I would
> begin the source list name with "newspaper" or "news" followed by the city
> or the newspaper name.  This won't print in the source citation but it will
> group them together in your Master Source List so you can find them easily.
>
> Kirsten

*** Holiday discounts on Legacy 7.0, add-ons, books, and more. Visit
http://tinyurl.com/65rpbt. ***