<<I am trying to compare two different databases, using the split screen.
 When I move from one screen to the other I keep getting the following
message "You cannot copy to/from the same family file.">>

On Split Screen, the 'working' file is denoted by strong blue top line, while the inactive file is grayed somewhat. When I click on one file, on someone's name, then click on a name on the other 'inactive' file, I get that message. However, if I first click on the top grayed line to make that the working file, I do not get the message. In any case, once you click OK to the message, you can then click on the inactive file and do what you were intending to do anyway. It just takes an extra click sometimes.

--
Carl        ct...@getgoin.net