Hi Kathy,

I can't help on most of your questions. On #2,  I find if you have Legacy
sort your Master Location list from right to left, it puts the country first
in the list, then state, county, City, cemetery. This way, all of City will
be together no matter what you put in front of the City. Hope this helps.

Joyce Drinkwater Herzog

Researching Ancestors and Descendants of Paul Drinkwater, b 1789 in
Sandhurst, GLS, Eng.

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 12:12 PM, Kathy Cardoza <kmacard...@mac.com> wrote:

> I am just getting started with Legacy, moving to it from my Mac where I was
> using TMG. I downloaded the standard version of Legacy 7, liked it very
> much, and purchased the deluxe version. I transferred my database via
> gedcom. Most of it arrived intact and in the proper places in Legacy,
> although I am going through it all and correcting things that I want to be
> displayed or organized differently. My questions so far are:
> 1) Witnesses moved from TMG don't display properly in L7. I knew this going
> in. Census entries for a married couple, for instance, show up in their
> marriage information window. Is it a good idea to keep census events there
> or move each entry to that person's individual information screen? Pros and
> cons of each?
>
> 2) Place names:  Coming from TMG, I very often show a place with an
> additional DETAIL.....such as:  Midtown Cemetery, Mansfield, Richland
> County, Ohio. Will that mess up the location sorting because of the extra
> field? If so, how best to fix it?
>
> 3) I am using Win2000 Pro so cannot seem to get IE7 as required to use the
> Mapping Feature in L7 (something I REALLY wanted to be able to use.) Is
> there any workaround for this? Other than getting XP or Vista, of course,
> which is not an option for me. I am a Mac person, using L7 through Parallels
> so Windows is NOT my main operating system.
>
> Thank you for any help. I'm sure I will have other questions as I get
> deeper into Legacy, a very fine program. Happy to be here!  :)
>
> Kathy

>  Visit the Azores GenWeb Project:
>       http://homepage.mac.com/kmacardoza/Genealogy/azoresindex.html
>

> Legacy User Group guidelines:
>    http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
> Archived messages:
>    http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

Researching Descendants  and Ancestors of Paul Drinkwater, born 1789 in
Sandhurst, Gloucestershire, England